Mello House and Treasury WA Pty Ltd is committed to providing the best possible service experience to its Members and their guests.
Mello House is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals and we would like you to know that we handle your personal information securely and in accordance with the Act.
In order to provide you with our services, we collect personal information from you including your name, home and business address, telephone numbers, email address, credit card details, bank details, date of birth, gender, lifestyle information such as personal interests and preferences, names and ages of partners and children and other information necessary to fulfil personal requests or other services and activities of Mello House.
We may collect your personal information as part of:
– an application for Membership made by our website, by email, by facsimile, in person or over the telephone;
– a request or enquiry made by our website, by email, by facsimile, in person or over the telephone;
– your communications with us through the Mello House website;
– our communications with you, including for marketing purposes;
– registering you as a member’s guest when visiting Mello House;
– accommodating your personal preferences;
– updating your personal information or making changes to a membership;
– your use of our application on electronic devices such as mobile phones and tablet computers;
– your interaction with Mello House through social media sites.
We also use closed circuit television cameras in the public areas of Mello House and the State Buildings which may capture images of you.
Collection of your personal information online
There are many aspects of the website which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, there me be some features where you are required to submit personally identifiable information. The types of information we collect from you depend on the dealings you have with Mello House. When you make an enquiry or login as a Member, we collect personal information.
We also collect information about how you use our website. For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
Use of personal information and consent
We generally use your personal information for the purpose of providing you with Membership services that form the normal practice of Mello House.
You also consent to us using your email address (if provided) for marketing purposes. We will only send you information that we deem relevant to you, such as special events, offers or promotions. You can opt out of receiving these emails at any time using the unsubscribe feature or by emailing email@example.com or contacting us direct via telephone.
Disclosure of personal information
Mello House will not sell or lease your personal information to anyone else. There may be circumstances where we need to disclose your personal information to third parties, for example
– to comply with legal or regulatory requirements;
– under a court order or subpoena;
– in the event of the sale or acquisition of Mello House;
– to provide you with services that you have specifically requested;
– where companies or businesses providing services to Mello House require that information (for example credit card companies or banking institutions);
– in the case of an emergency;
– to debt collection agencies where you owe Mello House money for services we have provided to you.
By using our website or providing us with your personal information, you agree to and acknowledge that your personal information may be released to third parties in this manner. Where we do release your personal information, we will do so only to the extent necessary.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites, including how they collect or use your personal or website use information. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as traffic data so that data (such as the web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from our website and stored in your web browser whilst you are browsing the website. They tell our server information about how you use the Mello Hose website.
Cookies identify your browser to our servers, but they do not identify you personally. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can block them by adjusting the settings on your internet browser. You may not be able to use all of the features on our website if you do this.